Sunday, 29 November 2009

Knitted Character Pattern!

*PATTERN UPDATED: NOW INCLUDES EARS LOL!*

Last night I couldn't sleep (again..) so I did some serious crocheting and got my Knitted Character finished! Here he is!





Yay! I'm really happy with the way he turned out, and my Mum loved him! So I've typed up the pattern to share on here. Please don't sell this pattern or sell anything made from it as the character is probably copyrighted. Also I must say that this isn't an exact match for the real Knitted Character, there are little differences so I'm not totally copying the original, which you can find at Cloth Ears. I just made this pattern up for crocheters that would like to make their own :)


This pattern hasn't been tested, so of you find any mistakes please let me know and I'll correct it. Thankies!

Harry Hill’s Knitted Character

You Will Need:
Crochet Hook (I used 3.75mm, US size F)
Double Knit/Worsted Weight Yarn In White and Pink
Stitch Markers Or Piece Of Scrap Yarn
Yarn/Embroidery Needle
Embroidery Thread
Poly-fil Or Other Stuffing
Curved Needle (Optional)

Abbreviations
Ch - Chain Stitch
Sc - Single Crochet
St/Sts - Stitch/Stitches
Slst - Slip Stitch
Inc (Increase) - 2 Sc into 1 Sts
Dec (Decrease) - 1 Sc over 2 Sts
** - Marks a group of stitches to be repeated until the round if completed

Other Info
. As this is amigurumi, work in a continuous spiral. Don’t join at the end of a row; just keep going
. Use stitch markers or a piece of scrap yarn to mark the start of every round. Replace at the start of the next round as you go along. This will help you keep track of where you started, and saves a lot of time if things go wrong!
. Although I am English, I write my patterns in American terms, so Sc means Single Crochet; Dc means Double Crochet ect.
. The number at the end of each round is the number of stitches you should now have.


Head And Body
In White
1. Ch 2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook or Magic Ring 6 (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (18)
4. *Sc 2, Inc* around (24)
5. *Sc 3, Inc* around (30)
6. *Sc 4, Inc* around (36)
7. *Sc 5, Inc* around (42)
8-17. Sc around (42)
18. *Sc 5, Dec* around (36)
19. *Sc 4, Dec* around (30)
20. *Sc 3, Dec* around (24)
21. *Sc 2, Dec* around (18)
22-23. Sc around (18)
24. *Sc 2, Inc* (24)
25. Sc around (24)
26. *Sc 3, Inc* around (30)
27. *Sc 4, Inc* around (36)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

28. *Sc 5, Inc* around (42)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

29-32. Sc around (42)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

33. Sc around (42)

*STUFF HEAD NOW*

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

34-37. Sc around (42)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

38 Sc around (42)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

39-42. Sc around (42)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

43. Sc around (42)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

44-46. Sc around (42)
47. *Sc 5, Dec* around (36)
48 *Sc 4, Dec* around (30)
49. *Sc 3, Dec* around (24)

*STUFF BODY NOW*

50. *Sc 2, Dec* around (18)
51. *Sc, Dec* around (12)
52. Dec around (6)
*Bind off, weave in end*


Muzzle
In White
1. Ch 2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook or Magic Ring 6 (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (18)
4. Sc around (18)
*Bind off, Leave long tail*


Ears
1. Ch 2, Sc 6 into 2nd Ch from hook, or Magic Ring 6 (6)
2. Inc around (12)
3-6. Sc around (12)
7. Dec around (6)
8- 10. Sc around (6)
*Bind off, Leave long tail*

Arms Make 2
In White
1. Ch 2, Sc 5 into 2nd Ch from hook or Magic Ring 5 (5)
2. Inc around (10)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (15)
4-7. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

8. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

9-12. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

13. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

14-17. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

18. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

19-22. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

23. Sc around (15)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*


24-27. Sc around (15)

*STUFF ARM NOW*

28. *Sc, Dec* (10)
*Bind Off, Leave Long Tail*


Legs Make 2
In White
1. Ch 2, Sc 5 into 2nd Ch from hook or Magic Ring 5 (5)
2. Inc around (10)
3. *Sc, Inc* around (15)
4. *Sc 2, Inc* around (20)
5-12. Sc around (20)
13. *Sc 8, Dec* around (18)
14-23. Sc around (18)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

24. Sc around (18)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

25-28. Sc around (18)

*CHANGE TO PINK*

29. Sc around (18)

*CHANGE TO WHITE*

30-35. Sc around (18)

*STUFF LEG NOW*

36. *Sc, Dec* around (12)
37. Sc around (12)
*Bind Off, Leave Long tail*


Bow
In Pink
Ch 91, Sc into 2nd Ch from hook and each Ch across.
Ch 1, turn, Sc in each Sc across
*Bind Off, Weave In End*


ASSEMBLEY
. Stuff Muzzle and sew to the centre of the face.
. Embroider eyes, nose and mouth to face.
. Flatten Ears and sew to top of head.
. Squash ends of Arms together and sew to the body.
. Squash ends of Legs together and sew to body.
. Tie Bow in, well, a bow around the neck lol!

DONE!


That's it! I hope you enjoy the pattern, and again if you find any mistakes or would like any of it explained Please comment below and I'll get back to you.

Thanks! :D

12 comments:

  1. He is a cutie pie!

    I saw the end of the show the other night and had a good old look. Definitly crochet not knitted! But I suppose the people of England understand 'knitted' better than 'crocheted'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D

    Yeah I reckon they do, I'm always asked what I'm knitting when I'm crocheting lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Even though this is a crochet pattern is
    it possible for you to make a knitting version.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this brilliant pattern. I have got lots of requests for this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much.
    I contacted cloth ears, and i was told, they cannot give out the pattern because their items were selling for up to 100.00 on ebay. If everyone could make them, then their margins wouldn't be so great. I'm happy there is a way round the greedy people.
    Will make the knitted character, and if I can alter your pattern to make it more like the original, I'll happily let you know,
    thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a really great job. Thank-you for sharing with Everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    I am new to crochet and am currently using the internet to teach myself and that's how i came across your fantastic pattern. I am now just starting to attempt the colour changes but i have found that the colour rows don't meet at the end of the row. Is this how it should be or am i doing something wrong? I would be grateful if you could give me some help.

    kind regards claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all - so sorry it's taken me ages to get back to you, I haven't checked this post for ages!

    Chandru - I'm afraid I can't knit, sorry!

    Claire - Unless you work in rows, I'm afraid you're not going to get a neat join. All you'd have to do is join at the end of each round with a Slip Stitch, Ch 1, then continue with the next round. Then Slip Stitch, Ch 1 etc :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi

    I'm a complete beginner, but want to attempt crocheting this for my mum's birthday! I'm wondering how many balls of yarn i might need? how many did you get through of each colour?

    Thanks!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's adorable! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    Love Joan xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Commenting! <3